Newly Admitted Students
Congratulations and Welcome to the School of Design!
Here are some resources to help you with the next steps.
- Pay the $500 program commitment fee by the deadline in your letter of admission – kpu.ca/admission/ctfe.html
- Learn how to login to myKwantlen.ca – kpu.ca/advising/home_newstudents/Step_2__Login_to_myKwantlen_ca.html
- Submit transcripts – kpu.ca/advising/home_newstudents/submit_transcripts.html
- Check your registration date & time – kpu.ca/advising/home_newstudents/Step_3__Check_Registration_Date___Time.html
- Design students pay a $500 commitment fee. This fee is applied to the registration deposit for the first attendance period (Fall semester of year 1)
- Choose your courses – The required courses are listed in the University calendar under "Program Requirements"
Fashion & Technology – kpu.ca/calendar/2012-13/design/fashiontechnology-deg.html
Fashion Marketing – kpu.ca/calendar/2012-13/design/fashionmarketing-dip.html
Foundations in Design – kpu.ca/calendar/2012-13/design/foundationsindesign-cert.html
Graphic Design for Marketing – kpu.ca/calendar/2012-13/design/graphicdesignmarketing-deg.html
Interior Design – kpu.ca/calendar/2012-13/design/interiordesign-deg.html
Product Design – kpu.ca/calendar/2012-13/design/productdesign-deg.html
Timetable - kpu.ca/registration/timetables.html
How to read the timetable – kpu.ca/registration/timetables/readingtimetable.html
- Register for courses – kpu.ca/advising/home_newstudents/register_for_courses.html
- Pay tuition & fees – kpu.ca/advising/home_newstudents/pay_tuition.html. Student's registration may be cancelled for failure to pay in full by the Fall 2012 fee payment deadline.
- Classes start Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
Important Dates & Deadlines – kpu.ca/registration/dates.html
Other important information for new students
Orientation – Campus tours led by current students. In addition to helping you find your classrooms, they help you get your Smart Card & Upass. More info at: kpu.ca/sld/student_orientation.html
Smart Card – Kwantlen ID, library card, photocopy card all in one. Can be obtained at any Kwantlen library with a picture ID and your 9-digit student number.
KSA Multipass (Upass) – ksamultipass.ca
Lockers at the Richmond campus are loaned out by the KSA – kusa.ca
Kwantlen Student Handbook – kpu.ca/slc/handbook