In addition to Kwantlen's General university admission requirements, including the undergraduate-level English Proficiency Requirement, the following program admission requirements apply to both part-time and full-time students:
- Portfolio review.
Portfolio Review Process
The portfolio review for entry into the FIND program generally takes place in April.
You may submit a digital, or a physical portfolio. Enrolment and Registrar Services will notify you of the date for portfolio submission, along with detailed instructions pertaining to the "Technical Parameters for Portfolio Submission".
The FIND program needs to retain your portfolio for two to three days, so if you are applying to more than one program or institution, it is your responsibility to coordinate your portfolio submissions. However, as the FIND program requests scans or photos, not original artwork, most applicants do not have issues with competing portfolio review timelines.
(1) Portfolios should reflect creative interests. The following are suggestions for inclusion in the portfolio but are intended only as a guide. There is no minimum or maximum number of projects to include.
- Do you enjoy drawing and/or painting a variety of things either real or imagined? How about including some photos/scans of these.
- Do you enjoy working with your hands on things like sculpture, pottery, textiles, woodworking, printmaking, sewing/costume design, garden/landscape design, room decorating or model making? You may want to include some photographs of some of these.
- Do you relax by doodling visually in a sketchbook or journal? How about including some photos/scans of some of the pages out of one or two of these.
- Are you excited about photography? Have you taken interesting pictures that show your eye for composition? Definitely include the best of these. Black and white or in colour, they're all good.
(2) You must also include a written statement that reflects your interests about design and if possible, includes your personal goals as well as your educational and career goals.
(3) Transcripts from high school and any post-secondary institutions attended (Note: transcripts sent with your application for admission are not available to faculty – you must include a copy in your portfolio)
|November 1||Applications Open|
|March 31||Application Deadline|
|Early April||Portfolio review invitation sent to qualified candidates|
|Late April / Early May||Portfolio review|
|September||Fall courses begin|