Information and Privacy Tips
- Remember that records encompass everything where information is stored that is under the custody or control of Kwantlen.
- Avoid quoting or alluding to another person's statements in a record.
- Don't record subjective comments particularly in connection with student or employee files.
- Manage your emails: email is often the subject of an FOI access request therefore keep the content professional and objective.
- Perform regular records management. Records that are transitory or which have aged out per the Directory of Records and Retention Schedule may be disposed of. The Directory can be found here under "Resources and Links".
- Treat confidential material accordingly.